It is about Family, friends, traditions, culture, migrants, parenting, children, and good food.
Establishing strong and happy relationships with your family, despite culture and generational challenges through your long table.
In the Malaysian language, Tok, means table, and Panjang means long. Thus a long table is called “tok panjang”.
In my family in Malaysia, we used to have a long table (tok panjang), where members of the family would gather around for meals or for special occasions, such as birthdays or weddings.
Meal time at the long table is where everyone feels relaxed and comfortable to be among loved ones – a place where one can share, interact, bond, connect and so establish loving and strong relationships with each other.
Your Long Table | Tok Panjang – It is about Family Connections, it is about your Culture, as well as empowering the love of learning in your children.
In short, My Long Table | Tok Panjang is about:
- family connections through food, i.e. connect with our children through food preparations
- cooking made easy for time poor families
- empowering the kids with the love of learning from the kitchen/food/grocery shopping
- reconnecting with your roots through cultural food and understand your traditional dishes and why they are good for you.
- sharing my cultural dishes with you to make living away from home easier.
- money saving tips
I am honoured to be able to share my journey with you. Let’s connect through Facebook! Let’s share our journey together.
On top of that, I will be sharing simple traditional Malaysian dishes and baba nonya dishes that you can cook anywhere in the world.
>> My Mission